Health and Hygiene Market size in 2019 is estimated to be $140.5 billion, growing at a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Health plays an important role in community hygiene. Health and hygiene help to defend and fight communicable diseases. Rising concerns about hygiene and technological advancement coupled with COVID19 like pandemics spread are the major factors driving the growth of the market. Moreover, concern for cleanliness and hygiene will further enhance the overall market demand for health and hygiene during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- In 2019, Asia-Pacific dominates the health and hygiene market owing to rising awareness through various corporate advertisements and Government educational campaigns coupled with increasing concern of female hygiene.
- Rising concerns about hygiene and technological advancement is likely to aid in the market growth of health and hygiene. Rise in Wellness Tourism and investments in fitness and health activities is also bound to promote the growth of this market.
- Detailed analysis of the Strength, Weakness, and opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Health and Hygiene Market report.
- The high cost of hygiene products and lack of knowledge about hygiene create a hurdle for the growth of the market.
Origin - Segment Analysis
Based on the Origin, Health and Hygiene market is segmented into chemical and natural. The natural segment is forecast to be the fastest-growing segment and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4% during the forecast period 2020-2025. A shift in consumer preference toward natural products is driving the growth of this segment. Also, these products offer numerous benefits such as healing skin damage, reduced irritation of the skin and reduce skin sensitivity and reactions. Moreover, it is high in vitamins and antioxidants increase its application in personal care.
Material - Segment Analysis
Based on the material, Health and Hygiene market is segmented into liquid, solid, powder, and others. In 2019, Liquid held the largest share in the health and hygiene market. This is mainly owing to the high use of various liquids in the production of various hygiene and health end-products. Most ingredients are in liquid form and many others are derived from liquids to form gels and other materials. Commonly used substances in manufacturing personal care hygiene products are polypropene, propylene glycol, peptides, silicone, and others.
Geography - Segment Analysis
Asia-Pacific dominated the health and hygiene market share accounting for 35% of the market in 2019. This is mainly owing to the rising demand for hygiene products, especially sanitary napkins and tampons owing to the growing awareness of women’s hygiene. A higher ratio of women in the overall population, along with rising demand for sanitary napkins and tampons is further contributing to the market growth. Moreover, government education and awareness campaign in rural areas are further contributing to the growth of health and hygiene market in this region.
Drivers –Health and Hygiene Market
- Rising Concern about Hygiene
Hygiene is very important to maintain health which helps to prevent illness and infection from bacteria. A rise in the incidence of infections and communicable disease have increased the health and hygiene concern among the general population which has led to increased purchase of hygiene products. Rising concerns about hygiene and growing consciousness about health are some factors driving the growth of the market. Moreover, growing cleanliness among people and consumption of hygienic foods are some factors that are anticipated to increase the market growth.
Technological Advancements and innovation in personal hygiene products are some factors driving the growth of the market. Adoption of the latest innovation in hygiene such as automatic toothbrushes, hygiene body trackers and hand washing monitors are contributing to the growth as well. Such product developments are being focused on by companies for their various product lines.
Challenges – Health and Hygiene Market
The high cost of hygienic products are a challenge for the growth of the market. Moreover, the lack of knowledge about hygienic products in rural areas and increased the cost burden on manufacturers, further increases the expense of product or equipment thus restraining the growth of the market. The investment in R&D and also the commercialization of such new products become very expensive. Hence the increased cost of hygiene products is a major factor restraining its market growth during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Health and Hygiene Industry Outlook
Product launches, Merger & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the Health and Hygiene market. Health and Hygiene top 10 companies are Beiersdorf, Johnson and Johnson Limited, Procter & Gamble, Gulf Manufacturing EST, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Unilever and Hengan International Group Company Limited, Merck& Co, Pfizer Inc., Roche, and Adidas.
- In 11 November 2019, Beiersdorf announces a partnership with WPP team to provide high quality skin care products and anti-aging solution products and provides healthcare brands and the partnership with WPP will be expanded as of January 2020.
- In 11 January 2018, Johnson and Johnson announced a strategic partnership with the Government of Maharashtra to significantly improve the health of people by providing home health equipment. With this collaboration they work together to address pressing public health issues and providing proper care.
1. Health and Hygiene Market- Market Overview
1.1 Definitions and Scope
2. Health and Hygiene Market - Executive Summary
2.1 Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2 Key trends by Products
2.3 Key trends by Materials
2.4 Key trends by Origin
2.5 Key trends by Distribution Channel
2.6 Key trends by End User
2.7 Key trends by Geography
3. Health and Hygiene Market – Market Landscape
3.1 Market Share Analysis- Key Companies
3.2 Product Benchmarking- Key Companies
3.3 Financial Analysis - Key Companies
3.4 Patent Analysis - Key Companies
3.5 Pricing Analysis
4. Health and Hygiene Market- Startup companies Scenario Premium (Premium)
4.1 Key startup company Analysis by
4.1.3 Application Analysis
4.1.4 Venture Capital and Funding Scenario
5. Health and Hygiene Market- Industry Market Entry Scenario Premium (Premium)
5.1 Regulatory Framework Overview
5.2 New Business and Ease of Doing Business Index
5.3 Case Studies of Successful Ventures
6. Health and Hygiene Market- Market Forces
6.1 Market Drivers
6.2 Market Constraints/Challenges
6.3 Porters Five Force Model
6.3.1 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers
6.3.2 Bargaining Powers Of Customers
6.3.3 Threat Of New Entrants
6.3.4 Rivalry Among Existing Players
6.3.5 Threat Of Substitutes
7. Health and Hygiene Market- Strategic Analysis
7.1 Value Chain Analysis
7.2 Opportunities Analysis
7.3 Market Life Cycle
8. Health and Hygiene Market – By Products (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
8.1 Oral Care
8.2 Hand Care
8.2.3 Tissue paper
8.3 Face Care
8.3.2 Face Cleanser
8.4 Body care
8.4.1 Antiseptic Liquid
8.5 Women Care
8.5.1 Sanitary Napkins
8.5.2 Intimate Hygiene Wash
8.6 Baby Care
8.6.2 Baby Wipes
8.7 Hygiene Equipment
8.7.1 Personal Protective Equipment
188.8.131.52 Medical Safety Glasses
184.108.40.206 Environmental Disinfectants
220.127.116.11 Surgical Disinfectants
18.104.22.168 Steam Sterilization
22.214.171.124 Dry Heat Sterilization
126.96.36.199 Low Temperature Sterilization
9. Health and Hygiene Market – By Materials (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
10. Health and Hygiene Market – By Origin (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
11. Health and Hygiene Market – By Distribution Channel (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
11.3 Health and Beauty Retailers
11.4 Convenience Stores
12. Health and Hygiene Market – By End User (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
13. Health and Hygiene Market - By Geography (Market Size -$Million/$Billion)
13.1 North America
13.2.6 Rest of Europe
13.3.3 South Korea
13.3.5 Australia & New Zealand
13.3.6 Rest of Asia Pacific
13.4 Rest of the World
13.4.1 Middle East
13.4.3 South America
14. Health and Hygiene Market – Entropy
15. Health and Hygiene Market - Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium (Premium)
15.1 Market Share Analysis
15.1.1 Market Share at Global Level- Key companies
15.1.2 Market Share by Region- Key companies
15.1.3 Market Share by Country- Key companies
15.1.4 Best Practices for Companies
16. Health and Hygiene Market - Key Company List by Country Premium (Premium)
17. Health and Hygiene Market Company Analysis
17.1 Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
17.2 Company 1
17.3 Company 2
17.4 Company 3
17.5 Company 4
17.6 Company 5
17.7 Company 6
17.8 Company 7
17.9 Company 8
17.10 Company 9
17.11 Company 10 and more
"*Financials for private companies would be provided on a best efforts basis”.