Global No-Drift and Zero Drift Amplifier Market size is forecast to reach $875 million in 2025, estimated to grow at a CAGR of 14.5% during 2020-2025. The increasing expansion of wireless capabilities due to the technological advancement has raised the demand for the no-drift and zero drift amplifier. Also, the growing use of amplifiers such as combined auto-zero and chopper amplifiers for ideal applications including industrial control, sensor front ends, medical instrumentation and others are surging the growth of the market during the forecast period.
The report: “No-Drift and Zero Drift Amplifier Market Forecast (2020-2025)”, by IndustryARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the No-Drift and Zero Drift Amplifier Market.
By Type: Auto zero amplifier, Chopper amplifier and Combined auto-zero and chopper amplifier
By Application: Precision Weigh Scale, Sensor Front Ends, Load Cell and Bridge Transducers, Interface for Thermocouple Sensors, Factory Automation, Industrial Control and Medical Instrumentation
By Geography: North America (U.S, Canada, Mexico), South America(Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica and others), Europe(Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, Netherlands, Denmark and Others), APAC(China, Japan India, South Korea, Australia, Taiwan, Malaysia and Others), and RoW (Middle east and Africa)
- In 2019, the No-Drift and Zero-Drift Amplifier market was dominated by North America owing to the rising demand for factory automation leading to the increasing use of sensors.
- The growing use of chopper amplifier in low frequency and wider band applications including precision weigh scales, sensor front ends, load cell and others are surging the market growth
- The growth of factory automation and the expansion of wireless capabilities are leading to the increasing use of devices that requires zero-drift amplifiers, thus driving the market growth
- The increasing overload recovery time of this type of amplifiers due to the factors such as charge injection, clock feed through and intermodulation distortion hindering the market growth.
Type - Segment Analysis
Chopper Amplifier segment held the largest market share in the No-Drift and Zero-Drift Amplifier market in 2019. The increasing demand for amplifiers for dc or low frequency applications has raised the need for chopper amplifiers. The chopper amplifiers also offers ultralow voltage noise density which makes it also suitable for wider band applications. These factors makes chopper amplifier applicable for applications such as precision weigh scales, sensor front ends, load cell and others.
Geography - Segment Analysis
In 2019, North America dominated the No-Drift and Zero-Drift Amplifier market with a share of more than 44%, followed by Europe and APAC. The increasing demand for factory automation, building automation and so on in the US are driving the growth of the market in this region. Also, the development by the US companies for the launch of latest zero-drift amplifiers to be used in applications such as process control, industrial control and others are fueling the growth of the market in North America.
Drivers – No-Drift and Zero Drift Amplifier Market
- Expansion of Wireless Capabilities
The rapid expansion of wireless capabilities such as Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth enabled applications has led to the increasing need for the high-frequency noise in the work environment. This has led to the increasing demand for the zero-drift amplifiers, which allows the designers to offer improved performance of the wireless technology. In addition, the proliferation of wireless capabilities has led to the need for high-frequency devices and sensitive analog measurement devices. Thus, the growing requirement of these devices, and expansion of wireless capabilities will further drive the growth of the market.
- Growth of Factory Automation
The growth of industrial control and factory automation is leading to the increasing need for the number of sensors that requires to be monitored. This sensors has led to the need for the amplifiers that can provide accuracy, stable data and others while designing. Thus, the rising requirement for ultra-high Direct Current (DC) precision, providing a maximum offset of micorvolts and nanovolts for maximum offset drift in factory automation has enhanced the demand for zero-drift amplifiers.
Challenges – No-Drift and Zero Drift Amplifier Market
- Increasing overload recovery time
The zero drift amplifiers commonly uses digital circuitry in order to provide correction for analog offset errors. This leads to increasing overload recovery time along with other factors such as charge injection, clock feed through and intermodulation distortion. This factors results in the digital switching action and can lead to cause problem within the poorly designed analog circuits. This further leads to increase of the output ripple of a zero drift amplifier which hampers the input frequency. Thus, these significant factor hinder the usage of zero drift amplifier within the analog circuits.
Technology launches, acquisitions and R&D activities are key strategies adopted by players in the No-Drift and Zero Drift Amplifier market. In 2019, the market of No-Drift and Zero Drift Amplifier has been consolidated by the major players – Analog, Digi-Key Electronic, Texas Instruments, Mouser Electronics, Informa USA, Asahi Kasei Microdevices, Microchip Technology, Maxim Integrated Products, MA Business and New Japan Radio.
- In January 2019, Microchip Technology Inc. announced the launch of MCP6V51 zero-drift operational amplifier. This new zero drift operational amplifier offers ultra-high-precision measurement leading to minimize the increasing influence of high-frequency interference offered by a wide operating range and on-chip electromagnetic interference (EMI) filters.