Multi Screen Advertising Market Overview
Multi Screen Advertising Market is forecast to reach $8.9 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 19.6% during the forecast period from 2021 to 2026. The capability of increasing the audience targeting rates along with growing media consumption through mobile devices are acting as major drivers towards significant market growth of multi screen advertising.
Moreover, with rising internet connectivity standards and changing advertisements patterns to increased optimum reach and productivity, the demand towards multi screen advertising market is also rising. The increasing onscreen advertising and television advertisement particularly in-app ads will propel the market growth.
The rising usage of digital set top boxes has created new market demand in recent years. The gaming market, particularly desktop based gaming has spurred the usage of multi screens of three to Four-screens which will propel the demand for the market.
- Mobile phones are expected to have a significant market growth during the forecast period in multi screen advertising due to its growing penetration of smartphones and rising usage of social media platforms.
- Key market players such as Roku Inc. and Netflix Inc. have been helping towards significant market growth of multi screen advertising in North America.
- The rising growth of content consumption across mobile devices along with increasing capability of higher target audience is the major driving factors towards significant growth of multi screen advertising market.
Multi Screen Advertising Market Segment Analysis – Device Platform
Mobile Phones are anticipated to have a major growth in the multi screen advertising market during the forecast period 2021-2026 at a CAGR of 24.9%. With growing penetration of smartphones due to high affordability along with increasing content sharing through various social media platforms has been causing major growth of multi screen advertising market.
Nowadays, majority of the global population have been using mobile devices for various purposes such as watching movies as well as playing games and many other applications. With growing dominance of mobile application platforms across consumers, displaying multiscreen ads in between the running applications can help the advertisers to gain more audience impacting their business growth.
Moreover, displaying advertisements across mobile devices helps in creating more personalized and relevant ads for the users through location tracking as well as using other applications information rather than through onscreen advertising and television advertisement, which highly affects the multi screen advertising market.
Multi Screen Advertising Market Segment Analysis – By Ad Content
In terms of revenue from 2021 to 2026, the dynamic segment on the market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 21.5%. Dynamic advertising is increasingly automated to adapt content. This automation makes purchases more effective, streamlines the process and consolidates digital advertising activities under one technology platform. Dynamic companies have extended their inventories and databases.
Targeting approaches are used to target audiences using data such that advertisers pay only for ads delivered at the right time to the right people, and are less reliant on the "spray and pray" process of digital advertising. Dynamic platforms have extended their inventory and storage so that every device and display, including smartphone, laptop, tablet, audio, onscreen advertising and television advertisement, can be accessed programmatically. Targeting strategies are used to monitor viewers using data such that marketers can pay the right time for ads sent to the right people and this is expected to boost the market growth.
Multi Screen Advertising Market Segment Analysis – By Geography
North America is anticipated to have a significant growth in the global multi screen advertising market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2026 at 20.3%. Increasing smartphone penetration as well as rising growth of social media platforms has been helping in causing significant growth of multi screen advertising market in the region.
Presence of some players such as Roku Inc., Netflix Inc. and Microsoft Corporation have been acting as major drivers in fuelling the market growth of multi screen advertising. Moreover, higher spending on advertisements by major U.S based companies such as Google, Amazon and many others have been also creating high opportunities in the multi screen advertising market.
Multi Screen Advertising Market Drivers
Increased audience targeting
Improved customer targeting with relevant as well as personalized advertisements has been acting as one of the major driving factor towards the high growth of multi screen advertising market. Since the growing penetration of internet connectivity, global population have been shifting their focus towards onscreen advertising, television advertisement and OTT platforms such as Netflix and many others for entertainment purposes, thus highly driving the growth of relevant as well personalized ads across the platforms. Since the new generation consumers are highly sensitive to advertising, the advertisers need to highly focus towards solutions to improve the user experience by delivering more relevant and customized ads.
Multi screen advertising helps the advertising companies to target large number of audiences through offering high relevant, informative and personalized ads which can highly draw attention of the users. Moreover, the rising trend towards multitasking has been causing advertising organizations to deploy multi screen advertising solutions with creating maximum impact of their ads on the consumers.
E-commerce sector has been highly relying on contextually relevant and personalized advertising for driving its market growth. Usage of multi screen advertising helps in delivering ads across multi screen platforms at a time, causing increase in targeting the customers with relevant and personalized ads with more brand awareness. Such factors have been essentially propelling the demands towards multi screen advertising market.
Growing content consumption through mobile devices
The rising content consumption through mobile phones has been acting as a major driver towards the significant growth of multi screen advertising market. Global Smartphone penetration has been rising rapidly due to majority of users exploring options such as gaming, watching movies, surfing social media platforms and many others. Such factors have been causing high demands from advertisers to offer ads in onscreen advertising and television advertisement between these content sharing applications, thus boosting the growth towards multi screen advertising.
Moreover, with growing consumer trends towards switching devices while watching content on different mobile applications has caused high potential towards multi screen advertising. Advertising companies have been highly shifting towards displaying onscreen advertisements across the mobile applications such as Facebook, Instagram and many others. Multi screen advertising has been facing high demands as the graph towards utilizing mobile content has been rising with a high rate. Such factors have been essentially helping in fuelling the demands towards multi screen advertising market.
Multi Screen Advertising Market Challenges
Growing demands towards Ad blockers
Growing demands towards Ad blockers has been acting as a major challenge towards hampering the growth of multi screen advertising market. Since the growth of social media and digital content, advertisements have been facing relatively high rate of growth over the years. Increasing adoption of ad blockers by the consumers as well as web portals has been causing a major impact towards reducing the amount of advertisements, thus affecting multi screen advertising market.
The demand towards ad blocker applications have been significantly rising as it helps the users to eliminate the ads within the devices, while reducing data usage. Moreover, various advertising platforms keeps tracking mode to utilize behavioral monitoring of its users to offer personalized ads, causing privacy concerns. Such factors contribute towards higher adoption of ad blocking solutions by the users to avoid irrelevant ads, thus restraining the multi screen advertising market.
Multi Screen Advertising Market Landscape
- In May 2020, Roku Inc. had unveiled a single platform named OneView Ad Platform, which will leverage TV identity data from U.S number 1 TV streaming platform for managing advertising across desktop, OTT as well s mobile campaigns. This platform will help in optimizing high reach and frequency and target more audience across the desktop, OTT, linear TV and others.
- In March 2020, Verizon Media had announced the launch of a demand side platform named cross-screen planner in order to help the marketers reach more viewers across traditional as well as internet connected TVs. This planner helps in identifying data about the exposure of content viewers along with enabling simultaneous forecasts across multiple screen formats. The company has claimed that this development will help towards improving effectiveness of campaigns by echo messaging to ten audiences within different channels, thus reducing customers with the same advertisements on multiple platforms.
- In May 2019, Extreme Reach had announced the launch of an asset workflow platform named AdBridge, which is designed to automatically prepare and connect with media placement across changing complex landscape. This solution helps in integrating asset preparation, video ad serving, TV delivery and many others within on platform. Deployment of AdBridge will serve major benefits for the brands and agencies through a central permission based ad asset cloud, thus causing secure delivery across any screens within short time intervals.