Sauces, dressings, and condiments (without sodium chloride or salt),
being an integral component of traditional European Cuisine are probably
expected to experience healthy demand especially in these difficult times of
COVID-19 pandemic where people are inclined toward healthier and rapid cooking
options and this is set to drive the Europe Sauces, Dressings & Condiments
Market. The heightening application of sauces, dressings, and condiments in seafood products,
bakery, fruits and vegetable products, baby foods, ice-cream, and dairy
products is set to propel the growth of Europe Sauces, Dressings &
Condiments Market during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the Europe
Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Industry Outlook.
The report: “Europe Sauces, Dressings &
Condiments Market Forecast (2022-2027)”, by Industry ARC, covers an
in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Europe Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market.
- By country, Germany Europe Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic leading to the shutdown of restaurants, surging count of employees remotely working and families with kids at home who could not attend kinder garden/school for weeks together resulting in greater demand for sauces, dressings and condiments for rapid cooking of meals with healthier alternatives replacing sodium chloride in the German region.
- Europe Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market growth is being driven by the increased preference for sauces and condiments without sugar and salt or sodium chloride and including plain constituents with novel flavors owing to the health and wellness trend. However, the adulteration of spices, seasonings and the hazardous” E” numbers designated to certain food supplements where” E” stands for “Europe” and is valid in all the nations of the European Union (EU) posing a health hazard are some of the major factors hampering the growth of Europe Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market.
- Europe Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market Detailed Analysis on the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Europe Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market report.
Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market Segment Analysis – By Type:
The Europe Sauces, Dressings
& Condiments Market based on type can be further segmented into Cooking Sauces, Table Sauces, Dips and
Pickled Products. The Dips Segment held the largest market
share in 2021. This growth is owing to the expanding inclination towards
healthier products like hummus, and vegetable/bean-based dips. Enhanced
awareness among customers pertaining to product constituents is being observed
and low-fat dips are thought to have considerably greater sugar levels. The
inclination of customers has undergone a significant shift towards vegan and
gluten-free dips with minimized sodium chloride. The soaring awareness of
fitness level amidst the consumers leading to greater demand for high-protein
bean-based dips is further propelling the growth of this segment.
Furthermore, the Cooking Sauces segment is estimated to grow with the
fastest CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the improved
flavors that they impart to the food and the assistance of certain sauces indigestion together with minimized sodium chloride.
Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market Segment Analysis – By Distribution Channel:
The Europe Sauces,
Dressings & Condiments Market based on distribution channel can be further
segmented into Supermarkets And Hypermarkets, Convenience
Stores, Department Stores, Discounters, Online Retailing, and Others. The Discounters held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the extensive
acceptance of discounters resulting in a dominant share in the German region. Sauces,
dressings, and condiments are being prepared with sodium chloride substitutes
owing to the greater preference of consumers towards healthier diet options. The
Discounters segment is expected to experience accelerated expansion in Europe
amid dormant conditions owing to massive discounts and robust loyalty.
Furthermore, the Online Retailing segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the proliferating application of online e-Commerce websites amidst the global lockdowns and stay-at-home restrictions imposed during the COVID-19 pandemic, their ease of use with home delivery options and product availability just a click away in conjunction with health-conscious preferences like minimized sodium chloride intake.
Europe Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market Segment Analysis – By Country:
The Europe Sauces,
Dressings & Condiments Market based on the country can be further segmented into the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and the Rest of Europe. Germany (Europe Sauces,
Dressings & Condiments Market) held the largest share with 21% of the
overall market in 2021. The growth of this region is owing to the upsurge in
the purchase of organic barbeque sauces and chill sauces in conjunction with
sodium reduction options like acceptance of sodium chloride alternatives. The
soaring innovation of ketchup is further propelling the growth of the Europe
Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market in the German region.
Furthermore, the France region is estimated to be the region with the fastest CAGR rate over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to factors like the burgeoning stockpiling of tomato pastes and purees and heightening demand for particular pasta sauces like pesto prior and consequent to the lockdown owing to their greater shelf life and ready accessibility. Low sodium intake with minimization of sodium chloride is the current inclination of French consumers. The organic and vegan variations of sauces, dressings, and condiments are fuelling the progress of the Europe Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market in the French region.
Europe Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market Drivers
Increased Application Of Sodium Chloride Alternatives Is Projected To Drive The Growth Of Europe Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market:
A European outlook on sodium reduction is presented here. The consumption level of common salt or sodium chloride in Europe surpasses considerable needs of nourishment, which is an average of 3-5 g every day in comparison with 1 g of salt requirement in the body. Constant media and government campaigns have enhanced the awareness of customers pertaining to the possible health hazards encompassing high sodium consumption. Potassium chloride is utilized as a substitute for sodium chloride owing to its capability to minimize the salt content while maintaining the taste. The utilization of taste enhancers, like monosodium glutamate, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, and yeast extracts, is another option for minimizing sodium content in food. The surging application of sodium chloride alternatives like potassium chloride is therefore fuelling the growth of the Europe Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Ingenious Organic Flavor Creations For Barbeque (BBQ) Sauces Are Expected To Boost The Demand Of European Sauces, Dressings & Condiments:
Apart from sodium reduction by way of the adoption of substitutes for sodium chloride, one other healthy trend in these challenging times amidst the COVID-19 pandemic is the increasing inclination of consumers towards vegan and vegetarian diet options. Customers are seeking multi-sensory taste experiences. They are expecting appealing and versatile product innovations based on exceptional integrations of food constituents from all around the globe. Younger generations specifically are looking for organic constituents owing to their proliferating health awareness. They are equitably concentrating on the source and production of products. Concurrently, there is increased recognition of plant-based and organic BBQ sauces. While formulating BBQ sauces, rare and ingenious flavors based on high quality and organic constituents may add to draw the attention of novel consumer target groups and thus expand retail sales on a worldwide scale. The ingenious organic flavor creations for barbeque sauces are driving the growth of the Europe Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Europe Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market Challenges
Limitations Of Clean Labeling Are Challenging The Growth Of The European Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market:
Clean Labeling uses phrases like “Without the addition of preservatives, artificial flavors, and colorings” or “Without flavor enhancers”. However, these are just on the basis of the legal regulations, which are frequently hard to comprehend by customers. An organic aroma may also have been generated in the laboratory and does not automatically arise from the natural product it is presumed to taste like. Considering flavor enhancers, glutamate specifically has been disreputed owing to its ability to bring about allergic reactions. However, glutamate is frequently not listed as a constituent but is still concealed in the product. Yeast extract, soy protein, soy sauce, and seasoning also include glutamate, which does not require to be labeled separately. Products that include these constituents may still be labeled as “free from flavor enhancers”. Even foods labeled “free of colorings” are frequently colored with concentrates or powders prepared from fruit or vegetables, like beetroot, in order to imitate a greater quality. Legally, these are not regarded as colorants and the respective food may include the label “without artificial colorings”. The way to good health is to limit the intake of ready-made foods as much as possible and, if required, opt for organic quality only. It is excellent to cook by oneself with fresh constituents. These issues are hampering the growth of the European Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market.
Europe Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market - Landscape:
Innovative product launches involving vegan options, product approvals, patents and events, mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, and collaborations are key strategies adopted by players in the Europe Sauces, Dressings & Condiments Market. Key companies of this market are:
- Nestle SA
- Fuchs Gewürze Gmbh Co
- The Kraft Heinz Company, Netherlands
- Frito-Lay Trading Company (Europe) GmbH
- General Mills Benelux
- Sweet Baby Ray’s
- McCormick & Company
- Asda (Walmart Store Inc.)
- In March 2021, Heinz unleashed three novel sauce creations encouraged by Canadians: Heinz Tarchup, Wasabioli, and Hanch. Developed and inadvertently shared online by condiment admirers, these novel creations integrate certain preferred condiments of Canada into three proportionately saucy mashups.
- In August 2020, McCormick introduced the novel line of dipping sauces and fry sets that do not simply provide flexibility but also quality flavors that will emphasize the richness and character of distinct dishes.
- In June 2020, Sweet Baby Ray’s launched two flavors of Ray’s No Sugar Added barbecue sauce, Original and Hickory. Ray’s No Sugar Added provides a signature sweet, smoky, and tangy flavor profile while carrying 1g sugar and 1g net carbs per serving. The novel barbecue sauces are sweetened with Allulose, which is an organically materializing low-calorie sweetener.
Code: FBR 19465
Report Code: FBR 53495
For more Consumer Products and Services Market reports, please click here