Native Starches Market - By Form (Liquid, Powder), By Application (Food & beverages (confectionery, bakery, sauces, & soups), Non-food (Pharmaceuticals, textile, corrugated & papermaking, & others), By Source(Rice, Wheat, Corn, Potato, Cassava, etc), By Distribution Channels (Offline Platforms (supermarkets, retail stores, convenience stores, etc.), Online Platforms), By Geography - Global Opportunity Analysis & Industry Forecast, 2022-2027
Native Starches Market Overview
Native Starches Market size is estimated to reach $7.9 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 4.3% during the forecast period 2022-2027. Starch can be delineated as a slushy, white ingredient in form of a powder that is indissoluble in cold water. Starch can also be demarcated as polysaccharides encompassing glucose monomers. Starch has a variety of functions in different industries ranging from Food to mining. For instance, starch is quite common in confectionery as they play an imperative role in the preparation of innumerable bakery mixes, frozen cakes, and sweeteners as they help in averting shrinkage, and damp movement. Further, native starch, as well as modified starches, are added to processed meats to increase the heat and shear stability. During brewing starch of many grains like rice, wheat, corn, etc. are taken into account as brewing adjuncts. Additionally, starch is an indispensable part of a healthy diet as they contain carbohydrates, vitamins, and fibers. The native starch market outlook is potentially captivating as demand for organic options is augmenting. Broadening health awareness among people is a factor set to drive the growth of the Native Starches Industry for the period 2022-2027.
The report: “Native Starches Market Forecast (2022-2027)”, by Industry ARC, covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the Native Starches Market.
- Geographically, the Asia-Pacific Native Starches Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027.
- Proliferating demand for organic foods is said to be the preeminent driver driving the growth of the Native Starches Market. However, health complications linked to the high use of starch in food are said to reduce the market growth.
- Detailed analysis of the Strength, Weaknesses, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the Native Starches Market report.
Native Starches Market- Geography (%) for 2021.
For More Details on This Report - Request for Sample
Starches Market Segment Analysis-By Application
The Native Starches Market based on the application type can be further segmented into Food and beverages (confectionery, bakery, sauces, and soups), and Non-food (Pharmaceuticals, textile, corrugated, and papermaking, and others. The food and beverages segment held the largest share in 2021. The growth is owing to the widespread application of starch in preparation and enhancing the nutritional value of foods and drinks. Starch is taken into account to derive natural sweeteners that are used broadly in the preparation of foods and beverages. Additionally, they are rich in fibers and vitamin B and are used to enhance their nutritional value. Moreover, starches are used to rheostat the moisture movement in confectionery items, and as an adjunct in the brewing process. Furthermore, the food and beverages segment is estimated to be the fastest-growing with a CAGR of 5.9% over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to accruing health cognizance among people across the globe. In addition to that, starches’ availability in powder form is icing on the cake because the powder has a long shelf life, and therefore can be used for a long time.
Native Starches Market Segment Analysis-By Distribution Channel
The Native Starches Market based on distribution channels can be further segmented into Offline Platforms (supermarkets, retail stores, convenience stores, etc.), Online Platforms. The offline segment held the largest share in 2021. The growth is owing to the across-the-board presence of offline platforms like small shops, and big retail outlets. A report claims that around 3.42 billion people around the globe still live in rural areas as of 2021. Therefore, in pastoral areas, the maximum number of purchases made by people is in offline mode or from retail stores because of the lower presence of online facilities. However, the online platforms segment is estimated to be the fastest-growing with a CAGR of 5.3% over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to the rapid migration of people from the countryside to cities in search of better lifestyles. Furthermore, expanding presence of e-commerce platforms is driving the respective segment.
Native Starches Market Segment Analysis-By Geography
The Native Starches Market based on Geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Rest of the World. The Asia-Pacific segment held the largest share with 34% of the overall market in 2021. The growth in this segment is owing to the factors such as the presence of countries like China which is the biggest producer of starch in the world, and Thailand the fourth biggest producer. Furthermore, the agriculture sector is a significant part of the economies of nations like India, China, Indonesia, etc. India and China are the biggest producers of rice. Similarly, Asia-pacific is expected to offer lucrative growth opportunities over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to the growing industry and food processing expertise. Augmenting the disposable income of consumers is making them more health aware. Besides the growing elderly population cases of diabetes are shooting up. China has more than 116 million people inflicted with diabetes which is the highest in the world.
Native Starches Market Drivers
Expanding production of grains like corn and rice coupled with the refining supply chain infrastructure is Anticipated to Boost Product Demand.
With technological breakthroughs in farming tools and techniques, the yield of grains is expanding swiftly. Grains like corn, and rice are major ingredients in the fabrication of native starches. According to a report, in 2021 the rice production throughout the world has reached 518 million tonnes with the prime contribution of nations such as India, China, Indonesia, etc. The number is witnessing a slight hike of 0.9-1% on yearly basis. In addition to that, the world’s corn production is estimated at around 1,133.89 million tons which is higher than the previous year. On another hand, refining infrastructure is helping the native starches market to thrive. A report claims that the U.S. is home to more than 40,000 supermarkets and grocery stores in 2021. Similarly, developing nations like India have more than 14 million retail stores. Well established network of distribution channels ensures convenient purchasing. Moreover, these numbers are anticipated to shoot up down the line because of prospering economies of these nations. All these above-mentioned factors are casting votes in favor of the native starches market.
The broadening number of diabetic patients and enlarging awareness among people are Expected to Boost Product Demand.
Starched are highly nutritional in nature and convey several health benefits. Therefore, with rising health abnormalities people are in a better place to appreciate the value of such ingredients. Many researchers claim that starches are of great help in plummeting the dangers of diabetes and colon cancer. Therefore, with an upsurge in diabetes and colon cancer complications, the demand for food including starches is mounting. According to IDF Diabetes Atlas, there are around 537 million cases of diabetes in 2021, and the number is anticipated to shoot up to 643 million by 2030 and 775-780 million by the year 2045. Similarly, colon cancer is also prevailing among the adult population. In 2021 around 104,270 cases of colon cancer are recorded in the U.S. All these aforementioned factors are driving the demand for native starches market.
Native Starches Market Challenges
Side effects accompanied by the usage of starch are Anticipated to Hamper Market Growth.
Even though starched are used widely used in the food and beverages industry but there are various side-effects linked with their usage that are anticipated to strangle the steady growth of the respective market. Over usage of foods that includes starch in large quantity can set many serious health problems in motion. These include heart disease, weight gain, and sharp rise and fall in blood sugar levels. As per U.S. CDC, around 42.2% of the entire adult population is obese. Moreover, they can also result in numerous stomach hitches like swelling, nausea, and diarrhea.
Native Starches Industry Outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the Native Starches Market. Native Starches top 10 companies include:
- Cargill Inc.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Ingredion Inc.
- Tate & Kyle
- Roquette Freres
- Tereos SA
- Ken Corporation
- BENEO GmbH
- MGP Ingredients
- Amylco LLC
- On December 15, 2021, Loryma has offered a wheat starch replacement for titanium dioxide. Loryma is a member of the Crespel & Delters group. Since EFS's announcement titanium dioxide would no longer be considered safer for use in food. The two alternatives have been named as Lory Starch Iris and Lory Starch Elara. Lory Starch Iris is a native small-grain starch with small, uniform particles (<10 µm) that allow them to attach homogenously to surfaces and thus produce an even lightening effect in coatings. Loryma Starch Elara is a resistant wheat starch that is suitable for applications that contain water and are heated because it does thicken in these environments.
- On September 1, 2021, a famous US-based food company Cargill, Inc, broadcasted the successful acquisition of Aalst Chocolate, a Singapore-based organization that delivers products to several countries including India, China, Japan, and the rest of southeast Asia. This step is going to help Cargill to enlarge its presence in the Asian chocolate market.
- On August 9, 2021, two food companies signed an agreement to acquire US-based company “Sanderson farms.” The first company is Minnesota-based “Cargill, Inc.” and the second firm “Continental Grain Company” is based in Belgium. Both firms agreed to pay an amount of $4.53 billion collectively to Sanderson in order to complete the acquisition process. Every existing shareholder of Sanderson receive $203 for every single share they were holding.
- On July 1, 2020, a US-based ingredient provider multinational firm “Ingredion Inc.” announced that it has successfully wrapped up the acquisition process of natural ingredients producing firm “PureCircle.” A total amount of 185.3 million pounds has been paid by Ingredion to PureCircle Ltd. in order to attain 75% of the controlling stake.
Organic Food & Beverages Market – Forecast (2022 - 2027)
Report Code: FBR 0036
Food By-Products Market – Forecast (2022 - 2027)
Report Code: FBR 0343
Modified Starch Market - Forecast(2022 - 2027)
Report Code: FBR 0041
For more Food and Beverage Market reports, please click here