Smart Packaging Market: Authenticity and Sustainability Prime Factors in Smart Packaging
Protection of products from harsh environment, right from the manufacturing stage to the transportation and consumption stages is an important aspect for both the manufacturer and the consumer. Smart packaging materials integrated with volatile corrosion inhibitors (VCI), radio-frequency identification (RFID), and time-temperature indicators are gaining popularity to ensure the credibility and safety of the products. According to a business analysis report by IndustryARC, the global smart packaging market size stood at $28.90 billion in 2018, and the market is poised to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.80% during the forecast period 2019-2025.
The report is titled “
Packaging Market: By Type (Active, Interactive, Intelligent, Controlled
Permeability, Modified Atmosphere Packaging); By Packing technology
(Indicators, Sensors, RFID Tags, NFC Tags); By Packaging function (Protection,
Containment, Communication); By End-User industries (Personal care, Food &
Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Automotive)& Geographic Analysis - Forecast
(2019-2025).” This report incorporates trends, growth drivers, financial
overview, business strategies, and recent developments in the global smart
packaging market. Furthermore, the report also digs into the challenges that expected
to affect the market and the remedies that can alleviate these challenges.
Smart Packaging Market: Leading Segments
North America is the dominant region in the global smart packaging market, with a 34% of the total smart packaging market share. This hefty share can be attributed to the well-established packaging food industry in the continent. Additionally, the region possesses huge opportunities in the pharmaceutical sector, which can prove to be a significant growth factor for the smart packaging market.
Smart packaging in food products in undeniably essential to improve the quality of food and increase the shelf life of food. The food and beverages industry stands as the most lucrative application segment in the global smart packaging market and the demand here is estimated to increase at a CAGR of 6% through 2025.
Smart Packaging Market Industry Analysis
· According to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the exchange of pirated products is worth nearly half a trillion dollars annually. With the help of smart packaging materials, the transaction of fake and pirated products can be reduced significantly.
· With the rapid industrialization, the aspect of brand protection arises. Incorporating smart packaged labels will ensure credibility in the brand name, subsequently driving the smart packaging market.
· Growing consumer concerns related to food safety & quality and stringent norms from the governments to minimize food wastage are flooding investments towards the global smart packaging market.
Smart Packaging Market Trends
Bio-based Plastic: A
large section of the world is working to achieve sustainability in almost every
sector. Introduction of bio-degradable plastic films for packaging is one such
initiation taken up by the key players and niche companies in the packaging
market. Recyclable and anti-microbial packaging materials are being produced
with the help of enhanced technologies in the smart packaging market.
QR Code: The innovative
display artwork developed with thermochromic inks to detect product
authorization is one of the latest technologies that is being employed in the
smart packaging industry. These QR codes are featured on the packaging labels
of the products which can be scanned to prove the credibility of the products. These
codes can be read through consumers’ smartphones easily, offering brand
authenticity with product details.
Global Smart Packaging Market: Competitive
Some of the key players mentioned in the report that are currently leading the smart packaging market are Amcor Limited, Bemis Company, Inc., ULMA Packaging, DuPont, Multisorb Technologies, Inc., Avery Dennison Corporation, Point Five Packaging LLC, Sealed Air Corporation, Bemis Company, Inc., Winpak Ltd., and Dansensor AS.
Talk to one of our sales
representatives about the full report by providing your details in the link
can you expect from the report?
The global smart packaging market is prepared with the main agenda to cover the following 20 points:
1. Market Size by Product Categories & Application 11. Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
2. Market trends & Relevant Market Data 12. Country level Analysis
3. Manufacturer Landscape 13. Competitor Analysis
4. Distributor Landscape 14. Market Shares Analysis
5. Pricing Analysis 15. Value Chain Analysis
6. Top 10 End user Analysis 16. Supply Chain Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking 17. Strategic Analysis
8. Product Developments 18. Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis 19. Opportunity Analysis
10. Patent Analysis 20. Revenue and Volume Analysis
Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited
Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of
reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free
1. Increase the level of data in the application or end user industry chapter
2. Increase the number of countries in the geography chapter
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies that are of interest to you
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interest
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end use segment
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team. Drop an e-mail to email@example.com to learn more about our consulting services.
request for a proposal, provide your details in the link below:
Email 2: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales: +1-614-588-8538 (Ext-101)
IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500
reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive,
Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power,
Electronics, Food and Beverages, Information Technology, and Life Sciences and