In-store Health Clinics Market Overview
In-store Health Clinics Market size is estimated to reach $9.8 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 6.0% during the forecast period 2022-2027. In-store Health Clinics are centers that provide patients with medical services in a convenient manner. In-store health clinics are walk-in clinics, which are located in supermarkets, retail stores, and pharmacies that offer patient care for minor uncomplicated illnesses like cold, fever, and others with help of nurse practitioners, They also provide preventive medical care services like immunization records, diagnostics test, physiotherapy, and others, managing chronic medical conditions such as asthma, hypertension, sinus infections, and high cholesterol. It also provides lab test facilities such as urinalysis, blood glucose, pregnancy, and other similar services. The increasing count of women enduring urinary tract infections or respiratory complications is set to drive the In-store Health Clinics Market. The surging application of retail clinics providing pre-diagnostic services like blood sample collection and health screenings are set to propel the growth of the In-store Health Clinics Market during the forecast period 2022-2027. This represents the In-store Health Clinics Industry Outlook.
In-store Health Clinics Market Report Coverage
The report: “In-store Health Clinics Market Forecast (2022-2027)", by Industry ARC covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the In-store Health Clinics Market.
- Geographically, North America In-store Health Clinics Market accounted for the highest revenue share in 2021 and it is poised to dominate the market over the period 2022-2027 owing to the better healthcare infrastructure, and convenient service offered in in-store health clinics, and high spending capacity in the North-American region.
- In-store Health Clinics Market growth is being driven by the soaring application of retail clinics for the treatment of injuries like sore throat, allergies, and fever. However, the hesitancy amidst the general population for treatment in in-store health clinics like retail clinics is one of the major factors hampering the growth of In-store Health Clinics Market.
- In-store Health Clinics Market Detailed analysis the Strength, Weakness, and Opportunities of the prominent players operating in the market will be provided in the In-store Health Clinics Market Report.
In-store Health Clinics Market: Market Share (%) By Region, 2021
For more details on this report - Request for Sample
In-store Health Clinics Market Segment Analysis - By Service
The In-store Health Clinics Market based on service can be further segmented into Illness Treatment, Immunization, Diagnostic Service, Lab tests, Physical Examination, Physiotherapy, and Others. The Illness Treatment Segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the soaring population worldwide suffering from mild diseases and needing basic facilities such as check-ups and medication attributed to their busy lifestyle resulting in greater inclination of people towards in-store clinics offering the best facility with customer convenience. The proliferating management of incessant medical conditions like asthma, hypertension, and soaring cholesterol in in-store health clinics is further propelling the growth of the Illness Treatment segment.
Furthermore, the Immunization segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 7.7% during the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owed to the critical role of in-store clinics in vaccine delivery up to each person, especially during pandemic conditions when many primary health centers are unable to manage the crowd of people with people not liking to wait long for getting vaccinated.
In-store Health Clinics Market Segment Analysis - By Location
The In-store Health Clinics Market based on location can be further segmented into Retail Stores, Pharmacies, Supermarkets, and Others. The Retail Stores Segment held the largest market share in 2021. This growth is owing to the healthcare service being offered to the patient at a comparatively lower cost than other types of healthcare centers. Retail stores are staffed with nurse practitioners that provide hospital-like services to patients. This factor is further propelling the growth of this segment.
Furthermore, the Pharmacies segment is estimated to grow with the fastest CAGR of 7.9% during the forecast period 2022-2027 owing to the retail pharmacies offering different kinds of facilities like walk-in clinics, at-home kits, and others and the surging acceptance of people towards retail pharmacies with a current count of 28738 pharmacies and drug stores in the U.S.
In-store Health Clinics Market Segment Analysis - By Geography
The In-store Health Clinics Market based on geography can be further segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and Rest of the World. North America (In-store Health Clinics Market) held the largest share with 35% of the overall market in 2021. The growth of this region is owing to the increasing trend toward telemedicine and in-store health clinics attributed to the hectic lifestyle of people, who need fast and convenient services. The rising need for treatment of communicable diseases is further propelling the growth of the In-store Health Clinics Market in the North American region. As per the Pan American Health Organisation, communicable diseases accounted for 6% of the total burden of disabilities-adjusted life years in all age groups and gender, and are responsible for 7% of all deaths. According to the Healthcare Information and Management System Society, there are about 3000 in-store health clinics located near superstores or pharmacies in the U.S.in 2020. This kind of increasing preference for instore clinics is fuelling the growth of the In-store Health Clinics Market in the North American region.
Furthermore, the Europe region is estimated to be the region with the fastest CAGR over the forecast period 2022-2027. This growth is owing to factors like the developing healthcare infrastructure in the European region. According to World Health Organization (WHO), asthma affected 262 million people in 2019 and was responsible for 45,500 deaths. In the European region, about 30 million children and adults under age 45 suffer from asthma. Finland tops in asthma cases with about 9% of people reporting asthma followed by Germany and France. Diagnostic laboratory, and nursing care, are fully covered by in-store clinic centers in Nordics, Germany, and France. Furthermore, there is good scope for veterinary care, radiation oncology, Ophthalmology, Dentistry, and In Vitro Fertilisation in Nordics, UK, Germany, France, and Italy. These factors are further fuelling the growth of the In-store Health Clinics Market in the European region.
In-store Health Clinics Market Drivers
Increasing Demand for Convenient Services in Healthcare is Projected to Drive the Growth of In-Store Health Clinics Market:
The increasingly hectic lifestyle and the need for essential healthcare facilities for newborns, pregnant women, and elderly people are increasing day by day. As per World Health Organization (WHO), approximately 21 million girls aged 15-19 years in developing regions get pregnant, and near about 12 million of them give birth to a child. In 2020, in the U.S. 3,605,201 births were reported by Centers For Disease Control And Prevention (CDC). Also, more than 54 million people above the age of 65 are living in the U.S., and the figure is estimated to be 85.7 million by 2050. The soaring count of pregnant women, newborn babies, and elderly people resulting in increasing demand for convenient services in healthcare is further propelling the growth of the In-Store Health Clinics Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
Growing Incidence of Communicable Diseases and the Rising Need for Convenient Medical Facilities are Expected to Boost the Demand for In-Store Health Clinics Market.
The increased prevalence of communicable diseases raises the demand for medical facilities among patients in need of low-cost medical treatments, boosting the market for in-store health clinics. In 2020, more than 15 million individuals were anticipated to visit clinics for infectious diseases like cough and flu, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. During a pandemic, many people are sick with contagious diseases like the cold and flu, which require immediate medical attention. As a result, consumers are visiting walk-in clinics to obtain medications. The growing incidence of communicable diseases and rising need for convenient medical facilities are therefore driving the growth of the In-Store Health Clinics Market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
In-store Health Clinics Market Challenges
High Cost of Medical Devices is Hampering the Growth of the In-store Health Clinics Market:
In-store health clinics offer a limited number of services. This helps them to easily manage their customers and give the best service with a limited number of practices. They give comparatively best service than public health care centers. However, owing to limitations of investment and to maintain profit ratio, in-store health clinics only offer limited services which are in the pocket range of customers. To diagnose various diseases, there is enormous equipment required which cost high. As per the report published in the National Library of Medicine in 2019, the cost of industry-sponsored medical devices is $13,992 which is high for In-store clinics, These issues are thus hampering the growth of the in-store Health Clinics Market.
In-store Health Clinics Industry Outlook:
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and geographical expansions are key strategies adopted by players in the In-store Health Clinics Market. The top 10- In-store Health Clinics Market companies are-
- Bellin Health
- Walgreens Company
- CVS Health
- RITE AID Corporation
- Kroger Company
- RediClinic LLC.
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan
- Shopko Stores Operating
- Geisinger Health
- In March 2022, Flume Health, a Health-Plan-as-a-Service, declared that it has included NextCare, one of the nation's largest privately-owned providers of urgent care and occupational medicine service, in its Flume Community™ platform beginning with all 40 NextCare clinics in Texas. The program will extend to NextCare's locations in 10 added states, inclusive of OK, MI, AZ, CO, KS, MO, NC, NM, VA, and WY all through 2022-23. Health plans directly contracting with providers indicate a major change in the healthcare industry.
- In December 2021, the joint venture of Bellin Health, Children’s Wisconsin, and ThedaCare declared a paediatric joint venture with attention to improving the health and well-being of children and adolescents in Northeast and Central Wisconsin, together with the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Through directed coordination, closer alignment, and resource financing, the partnership will make a significant effect on the lives of children, adolescents, their families, and the region’s communities. The organizations, which will remain self-reliant entities and continue to be accountable for the day-to-day operations of pediatric services at their clinics and facilities, will work closely together to improve pediatric primary and specialty care to benefit children and adolescents in this growing region.
- In October 2021, Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) and VillageMD declared that WBA has consented to make an added financing in VillageMD to promote its strategic position in the delivery of value-based primary care. The $5.2 billion financings will advance the opening of at least 600 Village Medical at Walgreens primary care practices in greater than 30 U.S. markets by 2025 and 1,000 by 2027. Walgreens’ partnership with VillageMD will result in a considerable boost in access to primary care in underserved urban and rural communities