In order for Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality to thrive, we would require a new platform for the technology to be adopted in. As we know, mobiles have limited environment tracking capabilities and, in order for each new technology to be integrated into the market, a suitable platform is required. That’s where the smart glasses are going to come in. These glasses are convenient as people get a hands-free experience. Moreover, the glasses are expected to be design-friendly so users can wear them outside without looking out of place.
What are Augmented & Virtual Reality Eyeglasses?
Augmented Reality first burst onto the scene via the use of mobile applications such as Ingress, Holo and Pokémon Go. However, there have been technological advancements every few years. Less than a decade ago, smartphones arrived and changed the way we communicate, and a few years earlier, we had laptops become replacements for personal computers.
What are the applications of Augmented & Virtual Reality Eyeglasses?
Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality Eyeglasses would have many uses. Obviously, the gaming aspect would be among the first ideas in mind, we could also infer that professionals in the medical, automotive and industrial sectors, would find use of simulation of situations, in order to prepare for an actual event.
Market Research & Market Trends:
- Apple and Pixar create a new file format for augmented reality:
- In order to standardize the format for applications that use Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality technology, the companies will be launching USDZ for catering to the files requirement.
- Toshiba launches smart glasses for workers:
- Toshiba will provide employees with smart glasses that can help improve the handling of their workloads. The glasses may assist in tasks such as sorting, inventory management, manual order picking, etc. As of now, these products are being sold to in a B2B environment, until the market reaches saturation point.
- Vuzix to partner with Plessey for smart glasses development:
- Vuzix, the manufacturer of Vuzix Blade, will collaborate with Plessey’s microLED technology to potentially improve the output of the glasses and the efficiency.
- 5G connectivity will boost development of smart glasses:
- AR & VR technologies require huge amounts of data to be transferred at speeds that are currently not feasible for adequate use. In order to maximize output from the new technology, network speed needs to rise. This is where 5G will come in, and help bring forward the mass deployment date of smart glasses.
Who are the key players in the Augmented & Virtual Reality Eyeglasses?
The key players in the Augmented & Virtual Reality Eyeglasses market are Google (Now “Alphabet”), Samsung, Optinvent, Microsoft, Sony, Epson, HP, Toshiba, Facebook, HTC, Lenovo, ODG, Magic Leap, Everysight and various other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.