Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality were considered science fiction for a long time, however, we see them used in everyday life for a variety of purposes. Augmented Reality is more common, owing to the less taxing technology and development time requirements as compared to virtual reality.
There are vast possibilities for AR and VR in the present market to alter the methodology of various everyday processes. For example, people can download IKEA’s app from the app store and view if a selected furniture item would fit in their current household. Moreover, engineers can use these technologies for developing designs of vehicles and getting details on components.
What are Augmented & Virtual Reality Content & Applications?
Augmented Reality is an “enhanced” version of reality created using technology to add images, information or both into the environment. Virtual Reality is a form of simulated environment created with computer technology. Although similar in concepts, Augmented Reality has been in use for some time, especially in the sports industry.
What are the applications of Augmented & Virtual Reality Content & Applications?
Augmented & Virtual Reality Applications are used in various purposes. If we consider mobile applications alone, the majority would be for gaming, navigation and possibly learning languages and information about places nearby. If we were to consider AR / VR on more powerful devices which require more energy for processing tasks such as computers and laptops, there is potential present for applications in medicine, military,
Market Research & Market Trends:
- Reliance to integrate AR into its dealings:
- Reliance Industries is attempting to re-invent itself in the field of technology, like many firms which have now sought out to integrate it within their operations. An AR application, to change the way the company operates its retail business, is expected to be available soon.
- Google launches object measurement AR application:
- The application, already available for download, will help users to measure real-life objects, although it will provide estimates as the technology is still developing. A possible response to Apple’s announcement of “Measure”. It remains to be seen how much more applications the two tech giants may come up with in the coming months.
- Sotheby launches real estate application:
- The application, built using Google’s ARCore offers the potential buyers a visualization of the home, as if it were their own. Interested buyers can view the house with their own preferred backgrounds and remodeling, and can take photos of the same to consult with their family members or friends. IKEA, similarly had launched an application which allowed people to see if the furniture would fit into their home.
- Zaapar enters AR content creation market:
- A new entrant has promised an affordable AR content creation tool for people, who don’t need coding knowledge to create content. This should allow more ideas to enter the market and more applications to flow.
Who are the key players in the Augmented & Virtual Reality Content & Applications?
The key players in the Augmented & Virtual Reality Content & Applications market are Google (Now “Alphabet”), Samsung, Microsoft, Apple, Sotheby, IKEA, BMW, Niantic and various other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.