Prebiotic Ingredients Market Overview:
The global Prebiotic Ingredients Market is valued at $4.017 billion in 2017 and it is expected to grow to $7.19 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 10.2%. Food & beverage industry segment is dominating the global market mainly due to the wide array of products like healthy drinks, snack bars, bread and many others. Dietary supplements segment has been gaining prominence for the use of these ingredients and it is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 11.8% in the forecast period. The European market for Prebiotic Ingredients was valued at $1.59 billion in 2017 and it is anticipated to grow to $2.7 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 9.8%. The demand for prebiotic ingredients in European countries is due to the growing demand for dairy products, increasing concern for gut health and others.
Prebiotic Ingredients Market Outlook:
There are different types of prebiotic ingredients which are Inulin, Disaccharides, Monosaccharide, Nucleotide-Activated Saccharides, Soy Oligosaccharides, Resistant Starch, Fructooligosaccharides (FOSs), Mannan-Oligosaccharide (MOS), Galactooligosaccharides (GOSs), Xylooligosaccharides, Pyrodextrin, Isomalte-Oligosaccharides, Lactosucrose, Polydextrose, Lactulose, Lactitol and Others. The market for oligosaccharides is projected to be the fastest growing segment during the forecast period. Fructooligosaccharide (FOS), a type of oligosaccharides, is a water-soluble dietary fiber that is sweet and non-digestible; it is generally used as a sweetener. Being used as a sugar replacer it has a wide range of applications in the food industry, especially in bakery and confectionery. Thus, making it the fastest-growing segment. The different types of sources of prebiotic ingredients are Roots, Grains, Vegetables, Fruits Trunk (or) Stem and Others. Roots segment is projected to be the largest segment in the global market as the amount of prebiotic ingredients present in the roots is the highest among the other sources, manufacturers prefer the extraction of these ingredients through roots.
The Prebiotic Ingredients Market report comprises of pricing analysis of different types of prebiotic ingredients. The price of prebiotic ingredients is expected to be $0.4 per kg in 2023.
Prebiotic Ingredients Market Growth Drivers:
The increasing awareness among consumers on health benefits of consuming prebiotics is driving the market growth. These prebiotic ingredients are used extensively in digestive health products and offer many benefits related to immunity, weight management and digestion.
The ban on antibiotics in the animal feed industry is also one of the main drivers for the growth of global Prebiotic Ingredients Market in the US and Europe. This ban is set to increase the demand for nutritional feed additives like prebiotics, feed enzymes and probiotic products.
Prebiotic Ingredients Market Challenges:
A major challenge in the global Prebiotic Ingredients Market is the high production costs due to the extensive and well-controlled trials that are to be maintained for producing prebiotic ingredients.
Prebiotic Ingredients Market, Global revenue, 2017-2021
Prebiotic Ingredients Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Prebiotic Ingredients market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of Prebiotic Ingredients market and their specific applications in different types of vehicles.
Prebiotic Ingredients Market Report: Industry Coverage
Types of Prebiotic Ingredients: Inulin, Disaccharides, Monosaccharide, Nucleotide-Activated Saccharides, Soy Oligosaccharides, Resistant Starch, Fructooligosaccharides (FOSs), Mannan-Oligosaccharide (MOS), Galactooligosaccharides (GOSs), Xylooligosaccharides, Pyrodextrin, Isomalte-Oligosaccharides, Lactosucrose, Polydextrose, Lactulose, Lactitol and Others
Applications of Prebiotic Ingredients: Agricultural, Food & Beverages, Animal Feed, Dietary Supplements, Pharmaceuticals and Others
Functionalities of Prebiotic Ingredients: Gut Health, Cardiovascular Health, Bone Health, Immunity, Weight Management
Prebiotic Ingredients market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- The Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Prebiotic Ingredients Market Key Players Perspective:
A company named “Sensus America” offers a full line of chicory root fiber ingredients, also known as inulin, that provide a variety of functional benefits. Extensive clinical research has shown that chicory root fiber selectively stimulates the growth of the beneficial bifidobacteria, leading to decreases in potentially harmful bacteria. This positively impacts the overall gut microflora.
Scott Turowski, Technical Sales Manager, Sensus America Inc., said “Chicory root fiber can be easily incorporated into most baking applications. Functionally it has properties that enable it to be used as a replacement for sugar, fat or flour, providing the potential for additional health benefits. In addition to prebiotic and digestive health claims, it may also be possible to claim a ‘good’ or ‘excellent’ source of fiber depending on the usage level in the product”
Some of the key players mentioned in this report are Cargill (US), DuPont (US), Beghin Meiji (France), Fonterra (New Zealand), BENEO (Germany), Kerry Group (Ireland), Ingredion (US), Royal Cosun (Netherlands), Nexira (France), FrieslandCampina (Netherlands), Samyang Genex (South Korea) and Yakult Pharmaceutical (Japan) among others.
Prebiotic Ingredients Market Trends:
- Prenexus Health, Brawley, California, USA, a global manufacturer of prebiotic ingredients is opening a new manufacturing facility in its headquarters in Gilbert, Arizona, USA, to produce one of the world’s first organic prebiotic ingredients, a xylooligosaccharide (XOS) prebiotic derived from high-fiber sugarcane. AmpliVida XOS, a new prebiotic ingredient will be the first organic prebiotic ingredient derived from organic-certified, non-genetically modified sugarcane.
- California, USA based functional ingredients manufacturer, AIDP has gained novel food status for its non-Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO), “corncob XOS” prebiotic, which is manufactured by LongLive, and sold in North America under the trademark PreticX, following approval from the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA). This new designation allows PreticX to be used in Europe and benefits AIDP’s customers who have international brands.
- In recent times the prebiotic fuel industry has gained pace and is in sync with the recent rise in oil prices, along with growing concern about global warming caused by carbon dioxide emissions, biofuels have been regaining popularity. The manufacturers with go green mindset are preferring to invest in this technology to achieve mutual benefits of consumer, seller as well as environment.
- Prebiotic ingredients are used in making sealants and lidding resins to preserve flavor, ensure food safety, and prevent waste and spoilage, materials keep medical and industrial goods safe and secure from shipment to the shelf. Packaging innovations which make packaging lighter, reduce transportation fuel usage are to be one of such sectors where prebiotics are further being employed in the market.